Restoration is proud to offer cutting edge neurofeedback technology. This therapy has been proven effective in improving symptoms of ADHD, anxiety, depression, migraines, addiction, autism, and much more. Neurofeedback is a non-invasive therapy in which an individual’s brain waves are recorded and compared against the brain waves of a normally functioning brain. When a deviation occurs that is strong enough to warrant treatment, the individual works with one of our trained therapist to stabilize the area of the brain that has the biggest struggle.
What is Neurofeedback?
Neurofeedback is a non-invasive therapy in which an individual’s brain waves are recorded and compared against the brain waves of a normally functioning brain. When a deviation occurs that is strong enough to warrant treatment, the individual works with their therapist to stabilize the area of the brain which is farthest away from the norm. This is done through the process of operant conditioning, where rewards for positive behavior are used to increase learning capabilities.
How it Works
- The first step of neurofeedback therapy is to record a map of the brain. This non-invasive process involves recording brain waves with eyes open, and with eyes closed. This gives a good baseline reading of the participant’s brain activity.
- The results from this process are then uploaded to a normative database which compares the participant’s brain to an average individual of the same age and gender. This identifies the participant’s brain functioning issues by showing the areas of the brain that are operating outside of the normal range.
- Once the problem areas have been identified, the participant and therapist work together to implement a treatment using neurofeedback that will correct and repair neural pathways, Improving the participant’s brain functioning.
A typical session of neurofeedback therapy takes 45 minutes, and involves watching a movie or listening to music. Participants take 1 to 3 sessions per week for a total of 20 to 40 sessions. The results and improvement that this therapy causes is often permanent.
In addition to mapping one’s brain activity with qEEG, Restoration considers one’s reported symptoms and uses psychological measurements to assess each individual’s neurological dysregulation. A comprehensive treatment plan is then created to address the individual’s specific neurofeedback training. The below measurement is one of the many that are used to assess an individual’s brain function and track his or her Neurofeedback training. Take a couple of minutes to try the free assessment by clicking on the link.
Please call us at 817.291.9872 if you are interested in scheduling Neurofeedback sessions.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Intensive Outpatient Therapy
- Individual Sessions
- Group Sessions
- Skills Training
- Psychological Assessments
- Cognitive Behavioral Analysis System of Psychotherapy (CBASP)
- Radical Openness – Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (RO DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)